This portrait was probably one exhibited by Nattier at the Salon in 1757.
The sitter (1740 - 1776) was the daughter of an actress in the Comédie Italienne company, and became engaged to Casanova at about the time the portrait was painted. In 1760 she married a more reputable though older suitor, the architect Jacques-François Blondel (1705 - 1774).
In contrast to many of his court portraits, Nattier's representation of Manon Balletti is remarkable for its apparent simplicity. Liveliness is conveyed by the slight turn of the head and the attraction of the sitter emphasised by the rose pinned to her dress.
We now offer size, fabric & filling options on selected cushion collections. So please use the drop menu on the right, to customize your order.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
All cushions are:
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only
- 1046130 NG Code