London & North Eastern Railway poster. 'The inter-war years saw the rise of the holiday camp because the standard of living improved and families had more money to spend on leisure. Annual holidays became popular and massive investment programmes were launched at popular resorts to attract visitors. The holiday camp provided all the delights and fun of the seaside on one site. Butlin's, at Clacton-on-Sea in Essex, opened in June 1938 and closed at the end of the summer season in 1983.' Artwork by J Greenup. Printed by Jarrold & Sons Ltd of Norwich & London.
This London & North Eastern Railway art work was produced in the 1930s. During the inter-war years the standard of living was improving and families could now afford annual holidays. Holiday camps at popular resorts provided all the delights and fun of the seaside on one site and this poster shows a woman in a red bathing suit diving into an outdoor swimming pool. Butlins at Clacton-on-Sea in Essex was opened in June 1938 and closed at the end of the summer season in 1983.
We now offer size, fabric & filling options on selected cushion collections. So please use the drop menu on the right, to customize your order.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
All cushions are:
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only